Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon Worldwide has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing. Daymon Worldwide provides its leading-edge services through multiple business units organized under one corporate umbrella. As a company of 22,000 associates operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none.
- Communicate changes in product, both private label and national brands (formulations, packaging, pricing, etc) to the appropriate management team
- Work with Region and Store Operations personnel building relationships to further the education, execution and overall development of Private Brands.
- Partner with Customer Regional merchandisers to advocate and provide leadership on Private Brands.
- Support brand and marketing initiatives to ensure complete execution across all new product launches including proper placement and communication to the consumer.
- Act as a conduit of information from all input sources to consumer usage. Information includes but limited to: product education, seasonality, availability, occasion, recipes and usage.
- Educate and communicate priorities and initiatives on new and changing items.
- Work with Store Operations personnel to drive overall Private Brand initiatives.
- Drive sales through presentations and training utilizing marketing intelligence, consumer and sales data, merchandising suggestions, and manufacturer expertise.
- Educate the Store Operations personnel on the customer’s Private Brands by assisting with merchandising, participating in manager’s meetings, (both store and region), present new Private Brand items, and trainings at new store openings.
- Build relationships with Store Operations personnel to relay information and generate ideas, creating a passion around Private Brands.
- Provide market and competitive intelligence for our corporate and local team and Daymon supplier partners.
- Keep Daymon account management informed of status and developments at store level concerning problems and opportunities
- Continue to educate him/herself regarding the nuances of the grocery perishable business
- Perform ad hoc store-level research projects and competition checks assigned by the retail supervisor and/or business owner at the local team
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years industry experience or merchandiser experience
- No direct reports
- Communication focus on customer; limited supplier interactions