The Brand Manager is responsible for the entire lifecycle of traditional, digital, and direct response marketing strategies for consumer and professional books. These strategies should be designed to create awareness, buzz, and bring the CPH brand to life. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop business plans based on sound research of the marketplace and sales and margin targets.
- Identify competitors and large scale and niche markets for effective product positioning in the marketplace
- Create, manage, and evaluate traditional and digital (including e-books) campaign strategies, including development and tracking of success metrics, goals and budgets
- Assure campaign strategies and tactics will be engaging and effective in digital/social/print channels while maintaining brand integrity.
- Develop ideas that drive brand awareness and reinforce CPH as the premier publisher and provider of choice for products and services that are faithful to the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions.
- Develop marketing programs focused on growth and that maximize the launch of new titles as well as products later in their life cycle.
- Cross functional influence to ensure the following product goals are met; development, production, promotion, sales and distribution, cost, quality, volume, and revenue
- Create and execute strategic SEO plans by gathering, classifying, organizing, and managing keywords through various tools and techniques.
- Hands on management of all on-page SEO including content optimization meta-data optimization, and SEO-friendly site architecture.
- Keep current with the newest SEO/SEM strategies, techniques, and best practices.
- Analyze historical new product launches and reports on vitality rates
- Analyze consumer trends and information and categories to help identify product categories for future sources of growth and enhance equity and marketplace performance.
- Knowledge of LCMS and/or Christian market.
- Influencing skills (proven ability to persuade others towards an idea or goal)
- Fluency in web analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Omniture or Coremetrics or similar.
- Experience in SEM and SEO is required
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products; advanced Microsoft Excel is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- Three years experience in product or brand management strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in the book industry is strongly preferred.
Monster - 5 months ago