The Brand Manager will lead brand strategy and key initiatives within the customer’s organization as well as coordinate with all four regions in the development and implementation of targeted private brand marketing and brand plans and tactics. They will also be the champion to ensure customer awareness of Daymon Brand capabilities. The brand manager is responsible for ensuring brand alignment with the private brand strategy as determined by top management and translating this into the long-term brand plan and developing and executing short-term marketing plans to achieve sales, penetration, product development, brand extension, and brand equity objectives.
- Responsible for the performance of a major brand or a portfolio of two to three smaller brands
- Functions as the information hub for designated brand(s)
- Collaborates with Consumer Insights, Marketing and Finance to ensure the brand remains relevant to consumers and that all initiatives support the brand promise
- Participates in brand strategy discussions and in setting a consumer target
- Drives consumer understanding and insights that defines our prime prospects’ needs, attitudes and values in order for consumers to have stronger and more impactful brand experiences
- Conducts analysis and periodical reviews of the brand, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends to enhance the brand’s equity and marketplace performance
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors
- Aid in developing brand identity and related positioning and messaging to help inform the creative process
- Assist in monitoring brand health metrics and support the development of new brand tracking across businesses
- 4 Year College Degree Required, MBA preferred.
- 2 - 5 years Brand Management and Marketing experience (Required)
- CPG experience strongly desired
- Experience working with either retailer loyalty card data or consumer panel data (IRI / Nielsen)
- Syndicated Data Experience required
- Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated accomplishments in developing and launching new products and brands in a retail environment.
- The candidate must be able to interface amongst all departments and work effectively with minimal supervision and support staff.
- Brand Equity: Knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity (e.g., marketing programs, specialty merchandise) Required .
- Marketing Research Application: Ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives.