The Basics: The Brand Protection Director will be responsible for overseeing the Brand Protection team and all efforts at brand protection enforcement internationally. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years brand protection experience, ideally with some portion of time in a management role. Preference will be given to attorneys, but a J.D. is not required.
What You’ll Do (but not limited to):
• Conduct investigations on possible intellectual property infringements, and trademark violations, and counterfeit activity.
• Research and execute new strategies to protect our brand
• Acquire and evaluate evidence, including authenticating products and making counterfeit determinations
• Take appropriate enforcement actions against online counterfeiters, including send notices of claimed infringement to online marketplaces (i.e. eBay or Amazon) as well as work with outside counsel and investigators to instruct further investigation and enforcement action
• Ensure authorized dealers comply with brand guidelines and contractual obligations
• Travel internationally to spearhead and supervise enforcement efforts
• Serve and negotiate cease and desist letters
• Manage and acknowledge any potential online risks
• Work closely with Attorneys and investigators
What You’re Made of: Communication skills, conflict management, decision quality, negotiation, organization, problem solving, process management
What You Need (but not limited to):
• 3-5 years of work experience in Brand Protection, preferably at a leadership level
• Working knowledge of patent and trademark infringement
• Experience traveling internationally as part of brand protection efforts
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent organization skills
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing environment
• Knowledge of international enforcement
• Knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain enforcement
OtterBox - 24 months ago
Otter Products' products keep your precious electronic devices safe and dry. The company, which goes by OtterBox, makes about 170...