Brand Tactics and LCM Execution Medical Director
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at
Ph3b / LCM Medical Director
Leads clinical Ph3b / LCM programs that will ensure brand differentiation that are aligned with brand strategies
- Feeds and participates in
for the brands; provides medical input by excellent knowledge of the disease and competition; develops and ensures close relationships with MS KOLs;
between the brand's strategies and needs/proposals from the countries, defines and implements studies in collaboration with other departments and vendors, ensures studies are conducted within
timelines and budget
- Ensures internal and external
of study results through collaboration with Director of Communications and Content Development
between team members involved in clinical studies, Market Access and Marketing, different Regions/countries etc
- Becomes a preferred contact for KOLs involved in our studies.
- Drafts development plans together with external and internal partners; drafts protocols and necessary documentation for study implementation; ensures GCP;
- Set-ups all necessary meetings in collaboration with appropriate internal team members, with external (Ad boards, Data monitoring committees, vendors etc) and internal participants;
- Communicates study updates to the team, ensures budget follow-up, helps in investigators liaison whenever necessary.
- Supervises ISS strategy and implementation, in close collaboration with Regions and Countries, in order to better understand the profiles of our drugs and also to interact with top academic centers.
- Executes tactics in support of medical programs and integral part of KOL engagement plan.
- Becomes expert on competitors, updates on all new research and data disclosure from competitions, as well as on new scientific and medical advances in the field of MS
- 5 or more years of pharmaceutical experience overseeing development and execution of clinical studies,
- Advanced degree in life sciences (PhD, PharmD, MD preferred).
- Knowledge expertise in the field of MS preferred,
- Experience working closely with CNS / MS Experts,
- Ability to critically analyze and synthesize complex scientific information,
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills,
- Ability to think strategically and work independently,
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, matrix management, negotiation, and leadership skills,
- Demonstrated ability to make effective decisions even in the absence of complete information and when under pressure,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
May 12, 2012
New Scientist Jobs - 19 months ago