Position Announcement: #2359 County Extension Agent - Agriculture & Natural Resources
Headquarters: Nahunta & Folkston, GA, SE District County: Brantley & Charlton
Position Available: 7/1/2013 ( www.brantleycountychamber.org ) ( www.folkson.com )
The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Agricultural and Natural Resources program in Brantley and Charlton Counties by providing educational programs in production agriculture, home and garden, pesticide, wildlife, and related areas.
Qualifications: This position requires:
- Successful experience in program development and management, a demonstrated communication ability as well as skills in leadership and management, a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work as a team member and with groups;
- The ability to design, coordinate, and teach educational programs to meet community needs; and a
- A Bachelor’s degree in Crop & Soil Science, Animal Science, Plant Protection & Pest Management, General Agriculture, Forestry, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, or closely related area (a Master’s degree is strongly preferred).
Administrative Relationships: - This position serves as a UGA Public Service Faculty Member and a member of the Brantley and Charlton County Extension Staffs ( http://www.caes.uga.edu/extension/brantley/ , http://www.caes.uga.edu/extension/charlton/ ) and is under the direction and leadership of the County Extension Coordinators and the Southeast District Extension Director.
- Utilizes the expertise of advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs
- Develops plan of work that is equitable in meeting the needs of the varied counties’ socio-economic situation
- Targets specific audiences for educational programs addressing critical issues identified in plan of work
- Implements Cooperative Extension’s Equal Opportunity plan
- Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on critical issues
- Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs
- Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s view of extension programming
- Utilizes current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching
- Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
- See www.caes.uga.edu/intranet/coextopr/pdfs/coextagentjd.pdf for a listing of other responsibilities.
- This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license is required.
Salary & Benefits: $40,400/year minimum with a Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s $34,500) in an appropriate subject area as well as an excellent benefits package is available as a faculty member of the University of Georgia.
Application Procedures: To ensure consideration, your application must be received in UGA Human Resources’ iPAWS system by April 21st, 2013. Apply online at www.ugajobsearch.com/ (under the “County Extension Agents” button). Please direct questions and mail original transcripts to: UGA CAES Business Office, 215 Conner Hall, Athens, GA 30602, (706) 542-2373, email@example.com
Agriculture and Natural Resources
· Family and Consumer Sciences
· 4-H Youth
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution
Institution Employment Link:
CIP Discipline Code:
Agriculture & Related Ind (Admin code)
Agronomy And Crop Science
Soil Science And Agronomy, General
Animal Sciences, General
Agribusiness/Agricultural Business Operations
The University System of Georgia
- 2 years ago - save job