Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are a young, energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for a new Bread Baker to grow with us! As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, our Bread Baker is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Job Title: Bread Baker - Overnight
Reports To: Bakery Manager
Job Description: The Bread Baker is responsible for helping to oversee production of the bread and bread products in Eataly’s 24-hour baking facility. This is a hands-on position where the majority of time will be spent creating and executing bread products according to Eataly standards. The Bread Baker will bake breads in accordance with Eataly’s unique recipes and will ensure that the products produced in the bakery meet our quality standards while maintaining a clean and sanitary food area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all production of bread and bread products in Eataly’s 24-hour baking facility including, but not limited to: breads, rolls, focaccia, seasonal items and pastries
• Will bake product in accordance with Eataly’s unique recipes and ensure the products produced in the bakery meet Eataly’s quality standards
• Maintains a clean and sanitary food production area
• Provides support as needed to all Eataly departments
• At minimum 1 year of experience in bread and related production
• Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is highly preferred
• Experience with a wood-burning oven is highly preferred
• Must have completely open availability to suit the 24-hour baking needs of Eataly
• Knowledge of and passion for the food industry, with a strong interest in food and high quality products; desire to learn and grow in his or her bread-baking knowledge.
• Strong organizational and decision-making skills, along with the ability to recognize what needs to be prioritized and when.