Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: Breakdown of consolidations, calculation of freight charges and arrangement with carriers for forwarding of shipments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Efficient breakdown of inbound consolidations (air and/or ocean) and forwarding of cargo after clearance by U.S. Customs and receipt from airlines. Includes forwarding of in-bond shipments.
· Enters air and ocean B/B consolidations into computer.
· Distributes air-cargo manifests from overseas offices.
· After customs clearance of cargo, Break Bulk agent may arrange with airlines for the release of shipments and may sign carriers certificates and inbound forms and call truckers for cargo forwarding.
· Checks for correct data for re-forwarding of freight and insures that all documents are in order. Checks with airlines to insure timely arrival of freight. May request priority breakdown of shipment. Inputs proof of delivery (P.O.D.’s) into computer and reviews trace lists.
· Accountable for all freight charges (i.e., prints invoices for HAWB, amends incorrect air freight rates) and transfer fees; revises prepaid/collect charges and handles other specifications overseas offices requests and collects outstanding monies.
· Provides data on damaged goods and files claims.
· Ensures that certain shipments are examined by U.S. Customs officials and promptly forwarded to the consignee .
· Responsible for excellent customer service, answering inquiries about status of shipment, and processing “exceptions” (i.e., shipments on delayed flights, split shipments, etc.) Resolve forwarding when shipper sends a correction to the airway bill after paperwork and freight has been processed.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma and at least one - three years’ experience in break bulk position or experience in an import department of a freight forwarder or customhouse broker.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 15 months ago