Bleacher Report is a sports media site that is revolutionizing journalism and profitably growing at an astounding rate. We provide an unparalleled opportunity to work on a web site that reaches 20 million readers per month and is the 4th largest sports site, right behind ESPN, Fox Sports, and Yahoo.
Breaking News Intern
Bleacher Report, one of the web's largest sports networks, is looking for a breaking news intern to help program bleacherreport.com and our TeamStream app.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company, working in a fast-paced environment on the cutting-edge of sports media.
• Sports fanatic and news junkie with a strong understanding of all major sports.
• Tech savvy. It is important that the candidate is well-versed in the world of Internet sports. Checking blogs, monitoring major sports sites, and following sports media personalities on Twitter are all examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
• High level of mobile media understanding. Candidate should be proficient using Twitter and smart phone mobile apps.
• Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
• Undergraduate degree in Journalism, English, or Communication is preferred.
Must be able to work from our New York City office and have a flexible work schedule (the sports world never sleeps).
Six month paid internship -- monthly stipend.
Those who excel in the position will be considered for full-time employment opportunities at Bleacher Report.
Start date/Application deadline:
We are looking for someone to start work immediately.
We will contact qualified applicants, if their experience matches our criteria.
Bleacher Report - 9 months ago
Now here's a TV company that really knows how to network. Turner Broadcasting System (TBS) is a leading operator of cable TV networks....