Collecting and identifying eggs according to our Primary Breeder egg collection programs. To perform the duties of sampling blood, bird selection and movements, bio-security, safety programs, maintenance of all facilities and complete breakdown/cleanout procedures. All programs are geared to minimize stress and maximize egg production and hatchability.
1. To make five egg collections daily in accordance with our egg collection procedures, concerning egg identification, handling and storage.
2. To disassemble and remove all equipment from chicken house, wash/disinfect and reassemble. (Entails use of 2,500 PSI washer.)
3. To move through the facilities observing and communicating all findings and recommendations to supervisor.
4. Sampling blood – to exercise proper use and safety procedures for scalpel, blood tubes, bands and all records concerning each monthly blood sampling.
5. To follow our bird weighing programs: properly handling birds that weigh up to fifteen pounds.
6. To perform the job duties of Field Crew.
Preferred Experience Operate poultry house and farm equipment.
Reading, writing and math skills
To move through mud, manure, dirt, grass, metal grading, concrete floors (wet or dry) with a significant amount of bending, twisting, stooping and lifting (up to 75 pounds) 4 miles daily. To cross up/over 30” slats and stoops. Climbing up to 8’ onto truck beds and cages and 30’ on galvanized feed bins and ladders.
The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management and while generally as shown below may be changed (increased or decreased) by management as required.
Hours of Work : Generally 7:00 am – 4:00 pm (with two 15 minute breaks and ½ hour lunch) as scheduled by management with starting and quitting times varying according to workload and scheduling. Overtime may be scheduled as needed and directed by management.
Days of Work : Normally rotating 5 days/wk as scheduled by management and Sat., Sun., and Holidays if needed by operations and approved by management.
Perdue Farms, Inc. - 8 months ago
Chickens are always on the menu at this company. Perdue Incorporated is one of the largest poultry (chicken and turkey) producers in the US....