Responsible for the analysis, design and plan production for bridge and transportation structures. Support the engineering team’s development of construction bid documents. Knowledge of and experience with AASHTO and other pertinent bridge design specifications is a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform calculations and analysis for designing bridge and transportation structures
- Layout of bridge and roadway geometrics and detailed geometry control for structures
- Develop concepts and design of structural details for bridge projects
- Set-up construction drawings for finishing by CAD Technicians
- Review shop drawing submittals
- Follow bridge design plans to the field for review of bridge construction
- Review construction methods for bridge projects
- Research and report on findings for design code issues
- Research design options and document findings for other Project Engineers
- Organize and maintain project files
- Quantity take-off for bridge engineer’s estimate
- Assure that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards, follow Quality Assurance and Control procedures
- Other assignments as needed
SCE degree (MSCE preferred) and some design experience preferred. EIT and Caltrans bridge project experience desired. Applicant should have technical expertise for the design and construction of bridges.
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...