We currently have an immediate opportunity in our Nashville, TN office for a Bridge Engineer position. The engineer who fills this position will be responsible for design of all phases of roadway/bridge structural projects for State, Federal, and Local Public Agencies (both county and city).
This person will be responsible for the lead technical role in design and production of construction documents for steel and/or concrete bridges (including replacement or rehabilitation structures) with various foundation types and span arrangements.
The principal function of this position is to:
• Serve in a key capacity as the design engineer on project teams preparing and assembling plans and contract documents on minor and major roadway/bridge structural projects
• Performing complex calculations in compliance with AASHTO LRFD code.
• Managing complex technical tasks (staffing, budget, and schedule)
• Be able to provide technical leadership to technicians as it pertains to design and details.
• Management of day-to-day internal staff and mentoring junior engineers and technicians
• Collaborating with senior technical staff
• Participates in contract bidding and administration.
• 5-10 years of progressive work experience on roadway/bridge projects
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent discipline - Structural focus
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Tennessee and ability to obtain reciprocity/comity in other states
• Experience in the delivery of final contract plans for roadway/bridge structural projects on-time and within budget while delivering high value to clients
• Proficient user of accepted roadway/bridge structural design software
• Strong knowledge of advanced techniques for roadway/bridge structural engineering theories, precepts and practices
• Strong knowledge of the AASHTO design guidelines and standards
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work as part of a team across multiple offices
Other Required Skills:
• Experience with bridge load ratings, bridge safety inspections, and preparation of technical and inspection reports is a plus
• TDOT experience is required while ALDOT, ODOT project experience is a plus
• NBIS Qualified Bridge Inspection Team Leader is a plus
• ALDOT Bridge Inspection Certification is a plus
• Rail structural design experience is a plus
• Local Public Agencies (both county and city) project experience is a plus
• Experience on roadway/bridge structural design-build projects is a plus
• Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others in a fast paced team environment
• Strong ability to manage multiple tasks and work effectively with multiple team members
Barge Waggoner Sumner & Cannon, Inc. - 18 months ago