Alfred Benesch & Co., a growing multi-disciplined civil, structural and environmental engineering firm has an immediate opportunity for an bridge inspector in our Grand Rapids, Michigan office. Successful completion of two week bridge inspection state certification class NHRI required.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Review applicable construction standards, regulations and contract requirements necessary for completion of assigned tasks
- Field observation and document construction activities as directed by the Resident Project Manager or Senior Project Manager in accordance with the contract requirements and documentation of same per MDOT standards
- Inform Resident Project Manager or Senior Project Manager on progress of work and pertinent issues by compiling written, oral and/or a diagram presentation
- Comply with all applicable safety and environmental requirements
- Contribute to schedules, track project progress, keep contract conflict from escalating into a problem
- Interaction with contractors and their representatives while representing the contract owner
- Any other duties assigned by the Group Manager
- Application of construction documentation and fundamentals
- Knowledge of construction instruments/tools
- Knowledge of detailed scheduling, measurement and goal oriented effective communication
- Knowledge of appropriate software
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
Benesch designs complex highway interchanges, major river bridges, parking structures and structural systems for high-rise buildings. We...