Broadband Communications Technician
Grande Communications is a Texas-based broadband communications company that offers a full suite of Internet, TV and Phone services for residential and business customers. Like the Texans we serve, we're proud of our independent, 'can-do' attitude that has enabled us to serve over 140,000 customers in communities big and small across Texas. Providing superior employee and customer satisfaction is not easy, but it is the path Grande chooses to take. "Here for you" means we deliver the customer service that our communities deserve as well as competitive pricing and reliable services. It also means we are dedicated to providing employees a superior career opportunity! Grande’s values support our unique dedication to superior customer service:
• We deliver on our commitments to our customers and employees
• We act with integrity and respect
• We are easy to do business with
• We promote personal growth and development
• We serve our customers and communities with passion and commitment
• We have fun!
Grande provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. To learn more about this position please log on to our careers page at www.mygrande.com/careers. Grande proudly embraces diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Resolves customer related service problems by performing repairs and/or preventive maintenance on the customer’s installation, by locating and replacing defective company-owned equipment and testing systems.
1. Resolves customer related service problems by performing repairs and/or preventive maintenance on the customer’s installation, by locating and replacing defective company-owned equipment and testing systems.
2. Generates additional company revenue by utilizing effective sales techniques and by offering customers information about product options, sales campaigns, and promotions.
3. Adds value to the customer’s installation by completing Video, Telephone and Internet Service component hookups i.e. DVR VCR.
4. Accomplishes work load demands against performance metrics by working productively, safely, and by completing all requested work orders in a timely manner with limited supervision.
5. Resolves problems caused by customer’s equipment, adjusts customer’s television and/or VCR to improve picture quality, and instructs customers on the correct operation of Video, Telephone, Internet Service equipment.
6. Ensures customer satisfaction by providing information on all available company products and by promoting a positive, professional image.
7. Educates customers regarding their existing service, propose solutions to customer problems, and inform them of Grande Communications, Inc.’s additional products and services.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
1. One year telecommunication experience preferred
2. Demonstrated installations, technical, and sales skills preferred
3. PC skills preferred
Compensation & Benefits Overview
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• 401K plus employer matching contribution
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability Plans
• Section 125 (Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement) Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Career Development Program
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Free phone service, High-Speed Data, Cable Television (in Grande service area only)
Grande Communications is a Texas-based broadband communications company that offers a full suite of Internet, TV and phone services for...