Perform basic service installations, disconnects and changes for residential and business customers.
• Perform installation work including but not limited to voice, video and data installs, and service changes and disconnects in customer homes and places of business.
• Complete Midcontinent First Time Right Broadband I certification within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right principles in all aspects of work.
• Troubleshoot and repair services from tap to Customer Premise Equipment (CPE), and signal leakage repairs.
• Maintain records, including daily logs and gas sheets.
• Record all required information on work orders, surveys, and referrals.
• Promote cable, internet, and other Company services and educate customers on the proper use of Midcontinent’s services, including how to add additional services, access help online, channel lineups, and proper equipment usage.
• Ensure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets; clear the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete.
• Appropriately manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs.
• Respond to requests for service and assistance in a timely manner.
• Perform on-call duties as required.
• Possess knowledge of Midcontinent’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
• Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midcontinent’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
• Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
• Adhere to Midcontinent Communications privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
• Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
• Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
• Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
• Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
• Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
• Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
• Actively follow Midcontinent policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• High School diploma or GED is required. Some college or vocational training is preferred.
• Previous electronics or telecommunications experience is preferred.
• Maintain a current and valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record. A DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you from employment in this position.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...