Broadband Service Technician
Broadband Service Technician's duties will include repairing all reported service problems for phone, data, and CATV from ONU to customer premise. Provide technical expertise to BCT's when needed. Other duties may assigned as determined by field operations requirements.
- Maintain acceptable RF levels from ONU to Customer premise in accordance with Grande Engineering specifications.
- Meet performance metrics established by Grande Communications related but not limited to the following: 5% repeat trouble, 98% on-time arrival, 95 or higher QC average, 10% overtime.
- Properly maintain assigned tools, test equipment, vehicles, and test devices used in daily work activities. CPE will be maintained daily with weekly reconciliation with warehouse.
- Perform quarterly Signal Leakage Rideouts and monitor assigned areas for signal leaks with an ongoing preventative maintenance program which will include logging and repairing.
- Emergency Copper and Coaxial restoration as required to include performing miscellaneous construction make ready and/or projects.
- 7x24 support on and as needed basis to include an oncall shift rotation.
1. Resourcefulness- Can think strategically and make good decisions under pressure; can set up complex work systems and engage in flexible problem-solving behavior.
2. Planning and Goal Setting- Can translate vision into action when applicable
3. Acting Systematically- Understands the political nature of the organization and works appropriately within it; effectively establishes collaborative relationships and alliances throughout the organization.
4. Embracing Flexibility- Thinks “out of the box” and adjusts to change easily.
5. Doing whatever It Takes- Has perseverance and focus in the face of obstacles; takes charge, is capable of standing alone yet is open to learning from others when necessary.
6. Committed to Making a Difference- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the success of the organization and is willing to make personal sacrifices to contribute to that success.
7. Time Management- Sets priorities well; extremely productive; deals with interruptions appropriately; avoids spreading self too thin.
8. Relationship Building- Has credibility and is trustworthy in the eyes of co-workers.
9. Coping with Pressure, Adversity- Has the capability to cope in high-pressure situations, resilient, bounces back from failure and defeat.
10. Seeks Opportunities to Learn- Seeks out opportunities that may change perspective to provide an opportunity to learn new things
11. Communication- Is a clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
12. Vision- Understands and stays focused on the organization’s vision
Compensation & Benefits Overview
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• 401K plus employer matching contribution
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
• Short & Long Term Disability Plans
• Section 125 (Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement) Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Free phone service, High-Speed Data, Cable Television (in Grande service area only)
Grande proudly embraces diversity and continues to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Grande Communications - 10 months ago