Posting Job Title: Broadband Tech I (Albany)
Requisition #: 145710BR
Posting Location: Albany, NY, US
Alternative Locations: United States - Massachusetts - Pittsfield;;
Area of Interest: Construction
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks Broadband Technicians for our Technical Operations Department in the Albany, NY. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Digital, cable, high speed and digital phone installation and service training
- Disconnect cable television and high-speed data accounts
- Maintain company vehicle and vehicle inventory
- Participate in safety and installation training
- Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of various tools and equipment used during the course of business This includes, but is not limited to vehicles, climbing equipment, leakage detection equipment, signal level meters, and hand tools
- Collection of overdue payments, converter, and modem equipment
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- May be assigned to any office location within the Albany Division
- This position has in place an excellent career path program for future advancement
- All other Duties as Assigned
- Working outdoors throughout the year
- Lifting heavy objects up to 75 lbs. including ladder, toolbox, cable and all necessary equipment
- Must meet weight requirements of equipment as specified by manufacturer, e.g., ladder and bucket truck
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, company policies and procedures, including but not limited to professional attitude, neat and a clean appearance, uniform policy, vehicle policy, etc.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Experience working with ladders and working at heights from 6 to 30 feet is preferred
- Prior electrical/wiring experience preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0756
Controlling Establishment ID: 00447 - Albany Washington Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...