Candidate must be willing to live or relocate to Eastland, Cisco, Or Ranger, Tx.
Suddenlink Communications™ is a top-10 U.S. cable broadband provider, supporting the information, communication and entertainment demands of approximately 1.3 million customers. In a growing number of markets, Suddenlink offers digital TV, high-speed Internet and telephone service for the home and office. We are seeking Cable/Telecommunication Industry Professionals with the Right skills and Right attitude that excel in an environment that puts people first and thrives in a fast-paced, progressive environment.If you are looking for a company who values Honesty, Integrity, Family First, Creativity, Customer Service, Positive Attitude, Excellence, Pride, Knowledge, Skills, Corporate Citizenship and Care for Others, then you have found it. We conduct business according to the highest ethical principles.
Under minimal supervision the Suddenlink Broadband Technician II installs, and disconnects Company services including video, data and telephone. Performs basic troubleshooting at time of installation from tap to customer's electronic devices. Educates customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of and sells other services to meet customer needs. Buries drops, locates lines and performs service audits.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
• Resolves issues at installation from customer’s electronic devices to tap
• Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including video, data and telephone from tap to customer electronic devices
• Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures
• Determines customer's current service levels; inquires about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products
• Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
• Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
• Meets scheduled appointment windows
• Completes work orders and other documentation on paper or by mobile computer
• Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures
• Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test equipment
• Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Functions
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
• Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
• Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50- pound maximum lifting is available.
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Qualified to obtain all necessary licenses required by the state in which he/she is installing and/or servicing Suddenlink security services (if applicable).
o Provide the exact details as to the character and nature of any previous security services experience and provide written certification(s) from previous employer(s);
o Undergo a criminal history background check;
o Not have been convicted of two or more felony offenses, a single felony within the past twenty years; or a Class A misdemeanor within the past ten years;
o Not be currently charged with a Class A misdemeanor or felony offense, under an information or indictment;
o Not have been adjudicated as having engaged in felony level delinquent conduct within the past ten years;
o Not have been found by a court to be incompetent by reason of a mental defect or disease and not have been restored to competency;
o Not be required to register in any state as a sex offender; and
o Not have charges pending for, or have been convicted in any jurisdiction of, a Class B misdemeanor within the past five years, for an offense determined by Suddenlink to be disqualifying.
• NCTI and/or SCTE courses preferred
• Knowledge of basic mathematics
• Knowledge of basic electronics
• Skill in using a Windows-based computer
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Appropriate valid driver’s license and driving record within Company standards
• Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
• Field service experience with cable, telecommunications or electronic equipment preferred
• Customer service and sales experience preferred
• Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
• Work performed near power lines and electricity
• Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
It is the policy of Suddenlink Communications to seek and employ qualified personnel in all job classifications in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity, and to administer all personnel actions in regard to its employees in a manner which will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other classification protected by law. All applicants who are offered a job with Suddenlink Communications will go through a background and drug screening as part of the pre-employment process. Suddenlink Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer.
Suddenlink - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...