NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. All correspondence sent via email. Submit resume online.
Under minimal supervision the Suddenlink Broadband Technician I installs, changes, repairs and disconnects Suddenlink services including video, data, and telephone. Performs basic troubleshooting at time of installation, and on scheduled services calls from tap to customer’s electronic device. Educates customers regarding their existing and new services, informs them about other services and proposes solutions to customer problems. Describes the advantages of and sells additional Suddenlink services to customers. Buries drops, locates lines and performs service audits.
FULL TIME POSITIONS = 10am – 7pm and includes Saturday or Sunday
Additional hours may be requested, based on business needs.
NON-NEGOTIABLE Pay Rate = $11/hour plus commission
• Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding Suddenlink’s values
• Installs, tests and troubleshoots Suddenlink services including video, data and telephone security from tap to device
• Educates customers in the use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures
• Determines customer’s current service levels, inquires about customer preferences and needs, and recommends Suddenlink service, upgrades or additional products
• Resolves or escalates customer complaints
• Plans daily route, requisitions equipment and supplies and stocks vehicle
• Maintains and secures Suddenlink truck and equipment
• Uses hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
• Meets schedule appointment windows
• Completes work orders and other documentation on paper or by using a truck-mounted or mobile computer
• Represents Suddenlink to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Performs other functional area duties, as required to meet business needs
The above accountabilities are not meant to reflect all duties specific to this job”.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Possess professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication techniques
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and use various hand and power tools and equipment
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to distinguish between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approximately 28 feet high, and 75 pounds)
• Ability to climb telephone poles using gaffs, hooks, and climbing belt as needed
• Ability to comply with specific safety requirement of 300lbs. for pole climbing equipment
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to work while standing most of the time
• Ability to drive Suddenlink vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• Required - High school diploma or equivalent
• Required - Active NC driver’s license with good driving record
• Preferred - 1-3 years of cable and/or electronic experience
• Ability to comprehend and operate various testing equipment including: signal level meters; ohm meters; location equipment
• Ability to work independently and with customers
• Ability to comply with all Suddenlink implemented safety procedures
• Proficient in using a Windows-based computer
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
• Must be able to pass drug and background screenings
• Must reside within a 30min response time to location
• 1 yr - field service experience with cable, telecommunications or electronic equipment preferred
• 1 yr - customer service and sales experience preferred
• Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
• Work performed near power lines and electricity
• Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
Please read carefully:
Suddenlink Communications is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Suddenlink Communications via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Suddenlink Communications. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Suddenlink Communications as a result of the referral or through other means.
Suddenlink - 22 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...