Under general supervision the Suddenlink Broadband Technician IV-SBS installs, changes, repairs and disconnects Company services including video, data, telephone, home security and commercial services. Performs advanced troubleshooting at time of installation and on scheduled service calls from bridger to customer's electronic devices. Educates customers regarding new and existing services and describes the advantage of and sells other services to meet customer needs. Coaches and mentors other technical operations team members.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values
• Coaches and mentors other technical operations team members
• Installs and tests advanced services including home security, fire alarms, commercial data, GEPON, commercial phone and PRI
• Works with commercial sales team to ensure continuity of installations
• Utilizes network tools and troubleshooting knowledge to resolve advanced voice/data problems
• Resolves technical problems by applying knowledge of the commercial architecture
• Performs all duties of Broadband Technician I, II and III as necessary
Resolves issues at installation and on scheduled service call from customer’s electronic devices to tap
Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including video, data and telephone from tap to customer electronic devices
Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures
Determines customer's current service levels; inquires about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products
Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
Meets scheduled appointment windows
Completes work orders and other documentation on paper or by mobile computer
Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures Troubleshoots and repairs the distribution network from bridger to customer's electronic devices.
Maintains network integrity through preventive maintenance.
Adheres to established maintenance windows for all outages
• Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
• Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
• Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
• Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound maximum lifting is available.
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Qualified to obtain all necessary licenses required by the state in which he/she is installing and/or servicing Suddenlink security services (if applicable).
Provide the exact details as to the character and nature of any previous security services experience and provide written certification(s) from previous employer(s);
Undergo a criminal history background check;
Not have been convicted of two or more felony offenses, a single felony within the past twenty years; or a Class A misdemeanor within the past ten years;
Not be currently charged with a Class A misdemeanor or felony offense, under an information or indictment;
Not have been adjudicated as having engaged in felony level delinquent conduct within the past ten years;
Not have been found by a court to be incompetent by reason of a mental defect or disease and not have been restored to competency;
Not be required to register in any state as a sex offender; and
Not have charges pending for, or have been convicted in any jurisdiction of, a Class B misdemeanor within the past five years, for an offense determined by Suddenlink to be disqualifying.
• Home security installation experience preferred
• SCTE BPI certification
• SCTE BDS certification
• SCTE BPE certification
• NCTI and/or SCTE courses preferred
• Knowledge of basic mathematics
• Knowledge of basic electronics
• Skill in using a Windows-based computer
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Appropriate valid driver’s license and driving record within Company standards
• Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
• Broadband Technician III or equivalent experience required
• Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
• Work performed near power lines and electricity
• Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...