De Novo Group is a Berkeley-based non-profit corporation that brings affordable and high-quality broadband Internet access to rural communities and we are starting with connecting users in Berkeley.
We are currently deploying a beta wireless network to serve the Berkeley area and are accepting applications for installers/technicians.
De Novo Group technicians install, test, troubleshoot, repair and upgrade equipment that receives signals for residential and business customers. The work performed must follow safety guidelines as well as pre-approved installation, testing, repair and upgrade processes.
Ideal candidates are those who have 1-2 years experience as installers of residential satellite-TV systems. We are looking for part time contractors only.
Duties will include but not limited to:
Related optional installation experience: Wiring, antennas, satellite, telecom, DSL, Cable-TV, security/alarm systems, home theatre, electrical systems, telecommunication, solar power, backup batteries, charge-controllers, former military.
- Prepare for system installations by reviewing orders, gathering equipment, supplies, and tools.
- Customer interaction in areas such as:
- Coordination of customer visits
- Resolving concerns and answering questions by listening to customer's explanation of problems, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing problem
- Planning installations by evaluating location; locating access; laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Delivering quality services to our subscribers and ensuring products and services are explained clearly.
- Testing equipment and connections, identifying and correcting problems.
- Maintain safe work environment by following safety procedures.
- Occasional travel may be required.
We Are Looking For People Who:
- Have a history of providing outstanding customer service.
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience.
- Preferred but not required experience in - cable-TV, satellite, electrical, telephone, residential wiring, home theater or home security installation.
- Are able to lift 50 lbs and climb 40 foot ladders.
- Meet weight restrictions to comply with OSHA and Company safety standards.
- Are able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Pass Background, drug test and MVR (driving record) pre-employment.
De Novo Group - 11 months ago
DeNovo provides comprehensive waste management services, specializing in characterizing, packaging, transporting, and disposing/recycling of...