Successfully perform installations, disconnects and service changes for residential and business customers. Perform all aspect of installation work including but not limited to voice, video and data installs, service changes, and disconnects. Perform trouble shooting and repair of services from tap to CPE, active devices in the outside plant to the CPE, signal leakage repair, locates and construction related duties including but not limited to bury drops and network extensions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
- Install voice, video and data services into customer homes and business.
- Disconnect services for non-payment or otherwise.
- Drive Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively and ensure that maintenance is performed appropriately.
- Maintain records including daily logs, gas sheets, etc. as required; properly record all required information on work orders, surveys, referrals, etc
- Promote cable, internet, and other company services; educate customer on proper use of the service, including how to add additional services and access help online, channel lineups, and proper equipment usage.
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets, and clean the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete.
- Perform trouble shooting and repair of services from tap to CPE, active devices in the outside plant to the CPE, and signal leakage repair.
- Perform construction related duties including bury drops and network extensions.
- Locate and mark existing underground radio frequency cable, fiber optic and distribution lines as needed.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Some College or vocational training is preferred.
- Either electronic or telecommunications experience is preferred.
- Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record
- A DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you from employment in this position.
Do you want to be a part of something big? You’ve heard this before – “We’re Midcontinent … Part of Our...