Suddenlink offers a self-progression program for Broadband Technicians so if you are entry level or have experience we have career opportunities available.
Under minimal supervision the Suddenlink Broadband Technician installs, disconnects, changes, and repairs service for Suddenlink Communications. Educates customers regarding their existing and new services, informs them about other services and proposes solutions to customer problems. Describes the advantages of and sells additional Suddenlink services to customers. Performs basic troubleshooting at time of installation from tap to customer’s electronic devices. Buries drops, locates lines and performs service audits.
Our experienced technicians are able to perform service audits, buries drops, locates lines and maintains network integrity though preventive maintenance.
You will find the minimum qualifications of all of our Broadband Technicians listed below:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approximately 28 feet high, and 50 pounds)
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks, and climbing belt as needed
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to work while standing 50-70% of the time
• Ability to drive Suddenlink vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Appropriate valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to work independently and with other
• Ability to comply with all Suddenlink implemented safety procedures
• Skill in using a Windows-based computer
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
• Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
• Field service experience with cable, telecommunications or electronic equipment preferred, required for Broadband Technician level II and III
• Customer service and sales experience preferred
Suddenlink Communications offers all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected group status.
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...