The Level 2 Broadcast Engineer is responsible for providing help in designing, pricing and ordering of equipment used in Network Origination and Central Casting systems under the supervision of the Chief Broadcast Engineer and the Senior Engineer. Required to install, test, and repair equipment and systems used for origination and central casting. Equipment encountered in this position includes, but is not limited to broadcast servers, multiviewers, broadcast automation systems, VTRs, routers, frame synchronizers, fiber transmission equipment, various automation servers and IP networking hardware and configurations.
- Provides feedback to Chief Broadcast Engineer and Senior Engineer on the progress and status of internal work assignments as well as open vendor related support issues.
- Required to use miscellaneous digital test equipment to correct equipment problems including oscilloscopes and waveform monitors under the supervision of others and occasionally alone.
- Perform preventative/corrective maintenance on systems or equipment as necessary.
- Provides users and clients with professional, courteous, and timely technical support.
- Update, maintain and catalog drawings and create new ones for assigned projects, create work flows and designs for new and existing customers.
- Performs other special assignments as necessary.
- Has a strong knowledge of the system work flow.
- Understands all origination/central casting equipment and systems, and how they operate.
- Knowledgeable of ATSC standards, file formats, conversion methods, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot the majority of problems without help or supervision.
- Solid understanding of Federal laws pertaining to local station broadcasting
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all duties related to operating and maintaining a TV broadcasting/centralcasting environment.
- Individual must be able to work under pressure and meet strict job deadlines.
- Two year degree in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) and/or equivalent experience in TV broadcast/centralcasting environment or equivalent knowledge of the field.
- Able to communicate in the English language, apply logical troubleshooting skills, and be able to manipulate formulae.
- Individual may be required to lift heavy objects.
- Individual will need to have flexible hours to accommodate client maintenance requests.
- Individual needs to have willingness to occasionally travel
- 2 to 4 years of employment and/or equivalent knowledge base
- Associates degree or equivalent knowledge in the field
- Meets qualifications and can perform the specific duties required of the position.