This is a part-time position, responsible providing technical support to the broadcast/presentation department at Barclays Center. This position is responsible for the repair, maintenance, installation, and modification of technical broadcasting equipment to ensure that all audio and video broadcast equipment is fully functional and operation for each event. This positon requires the ability to work under pressure in order to meet broadcast deadlines, make decisions, and take corrective action under tight timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair complex electronic, computer based, optical and mechanical broadcasting systems. Repair and maintain equipment in emergency and preventative situations.
- Set up and operate various broadcasting equipment such as recording, video and editing equipment; check equipment for operational readiness; provide operational assistance/instruction to others as needed.
- Prepare and maintain various technical records and engineering logs pertaining to broadcast equipment performance and discrepancies according to regulations.
- Participate in all aspects of video postproduction, including audio mixing, technical direction, C.G. operation, computer editing, videotape operation and editing.
- Set up, maintain, and assist remote production and satallite trucks.
- Test and align new equipment prior to installation in Barclays Center.
- Assist with the set up and transmission of outside broadcast and point-to-point microwave links visiting Barclays Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge in maintenance, usage, and design of technical broadcast equipment.
- Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in repair of digital and computer systems.
Associate's degree in Electronics, Broadcasting, or related field and seven years experience in broadcast engineering. Must have extensive experience with broadcast equipment, repair, and installation; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Up to 10%
Req Create Date:
AEG - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -