DIRECTV, the nation’s leading and fastest growing digital television service provider is looking for a talented, energetic and motivated senior technician to join their Broadcast Center team.
- Monitoring of multiple HD & SD signals, simultaneous events and managing incidents related to broadcast or data delivery systems, base band, signal processing and transmission equipment concerning any observed or reported impairments.
- Immediately restore services using all available instrumentation, processes or resources & isolate problem area.
- Oversee daily broadcast processes using various computer applications and modifying/troubleshooting configurations, compression equipment, network connectivity, DTMF, automation and monitoring
- Managing team escalations and incident management whenever necessary.
- Create and maintain chronological trouble tickets concerning on-air issues and maintenance activities.
- Perform daily systems checks and routine error monitoring checks.
- Continuously assess the health of monitoring and control systems and broadcast systems and alerting appropriate parties when such equipment needs maintenance, upgrades and/or replacement.
- Collaborate with DIRECTV employees and external vendors to resolve equipment and software issues.
- Take direction from Operations Chief or Supervisors and provide input whenever possible.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- Provide and receive detailed shift handoff notes to Operations team, creating & maintaining accurate incident entries in DBOSS regarding shift activities.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the company's broadcast control system and the ability to use complex electronic measurement and test instruments, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Follow procedures to validate, troubleshoot, and restore broadcast reception.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates degree or higher and minimum of 2 years of direct or related experience in television or broadcast environment, master control, electronics or communications.
- Customer oriented with excellent oral, written and strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to quickly analyze relationships between problem components using signal flow as primary reference.
- Ability to quickly learn usage of broadcast monitoring & control applications and general functionality of various equipment including but not limited to automation, traffic systems, conditional access processing, analog/digital receivers, encoders, decoders, signal processors, video/audio/IP routers, patch panels, converters, video servers, switchers, multiplexers, modulators, power amplifiers and antennas.
- Experience in using MS Office suite of applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of computer and networking concepts is a plus.
- Understand basic troubleshooting of RF, fiber networks, and signal flow.
- Work occasional extended hours and perform other tasks as required.
- As a 24x7 facility may be required to work any shift, overtime & holidays.
- Spanish Language highly desirable
Broadcast Operations / Technical Services
About Us? We’re About You.
You’re probably not here to read about DIRECTV’s Fortune 100 ranking, annual revenue or...