Pilgrim's Pride Corporation employs approximately 38,000 people and operates chicken processing plants and prepared-foods facilities in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Mexico. The Company's primary distribution is through retailers and foodservice distributors. For more information, please visit http://www.pilgrims.com .
Pilgrim's is seeking a Broiler Service Technician for our Pittsburg, TX live operations.
Responsible for monitoring bird mortality, feed conversion, sizing, and scheduling. Works with contract growers by monitoring house conditions and providing recommendations on issues that can improve bird performance and reduce cost for the company and grower.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a liaison between company and growers.
- Monitors husbandry practices by growers and makes recommendations to growers.
- Tracks, records, and analyzes bird mortality rates.
- Maintains feed tank inventories and orders feed when necessary.
- May schedule and train other employees.
Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a poultry science or related field.
Typically requires greater than 2 up to 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION: Current driver's license and good driving record.
Pilgrim's Pride Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.