Job Title: Brokerage & Alliances Specialist
Job ID: 03699
Division : Risk Transfer
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
This position employs superior customer service skills as part of a sales support team that works with the field to place business with appropriate Brokerage and Alliance partners. Maintains strong relationships with the field and partners to ensure smooth operation of brokerage business and high quality customer service. Uses fundamental knowledge of brokerage and alliance business models to achieve American Family strategic goals for growth and retention.
- Sales Support (60%)
- Works with Brokerage & Alliance staff to ensure business is processed appropriately including managing incoming workflow, initiating policy changes and managing policy documentation.
- Provides field management and agents with vendor product expertise and support in their sales efforts via an internal sales support team. Works with the field to understand and plan for vendor product sales.
- Proactively communicates across divisions to optimize sales opportunities and/or mitigate adverse risk by placing business appropriately either in American Family or in Brokerage & Alliances.
- Places business with brokerage and alliance partners by working with the field to fully understand the customers' needs and determining acceptability of partner insurance coverage based on underwriting guidelines or rules that best meet the needs of the customer.
- Resolves questions and issues related to applications or policies issued by our vendors. This involves collaboration between operations, underwriting, vendor team/management and agent and field leadership.
- Initiates and maintains positive relationships with the field to promote brokerage and alliance sales. Interprets the point of view of our customers and the field and suggests courses of action based on feedback. Represents the customer and the Agent in the home office.
- Promotes sales by initiating contact with field management and agents to communicate product sales opportunities, sales strategies and product or procedure changes/enhancements.
- Vendor relationship management (15%)
- Maintains positive relationships with brokerage and alliance companies to maintain American Family's high customer service standards.
- Resolves problems between the field and vendors by maintaining strong relationships and keeping the customer's best interest in mind.
- Works with Division staff to address ongoing systemic issues or problems with vendors.
- Works with vendor companies to develop and analyze brokerage product marketing materials and brand recognition.
- Partners with the vendor companies to assess and analyze the ease and convenience of agent software and the customer experience.
- Maintains a level of best practices with the vendor companies to help our customers fulfill their insurance needs and keep complaints to a minimum.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and expertise in vendor's underwriting practices.
- Proactively discerns the viability of submissions from the field force to ensure quality submission to our vendor partners.
- Market Research (10%)
- Builds on existing knowledge concerning emerging trends in the commercial lines, personal lines and bond industry.
- Researches and identifies markets that best fit and complement American Family's current product portfolio and that meet company and division strategic goals to maintain a competitive edge for the field force.
- Researches, secures and examines information for the benefit of departments outside our division as directed.
- Develops, revises, and implements risk selection parameters based on operations input, underwriting profit/loss results and trends.
- Evaluates current and future field and company service needs and adapts procedures and methods accordingly.
- Project, Reporting and Team Work (10%)
- Compiles and interprets metrics and writes reports for use by senior support staff and leadership.
- Partners with vendors to assess and analyze the ease and convenience of field-facing software and the customer experience.
- Seeks opportunities to collaborate with other business partners to meet corporate and divisional objectives; develops cross-functional knowledge.
- Assists with training and mentoring of new brokerage and alliance support staff for all product lines and vendor companies.
- Works collaboratively with American Family's core product teams to evaluate strategic product placement and product supplementation.
- Presentations (5%)
- Delivers formal presentations to Agents and Field Management at regional, state or district meetings.
- Assists in researching and developing presentation material used for various regional, state or district meetings.
- Assists in the revision of presentations based on feedback received and changes in the regulatory and sales environment.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Decision Making
- Relationship Building
- Selling/Marketing Analysis
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Must acquire and maintain agent licenses for the operating states determined by management within 3 months of hire.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of insurance products.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing customer relationships and evaluating and responding to multiple customer needs.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 14 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...