Job Title: Brokerage & Alliances Support Manager
Job ID: 03696
Division : Risk Transfer
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Manages the administration of brokerage and alliance agreements including managing the day-to-day execution of these agreements. Works with the leadership team to evaluate the operational impacts of possible alliance partnerships and identifies operational solutions. Develops relationships with appropriate divisions in the company to ensure smooth and profitable brokerage and alliance operations. Manages the transfer of brokerage business to alliance partnerships.
- Brokerage Operations (35%)
- Ensures that the risk underwriting, quoting and production activities for assigned teams are completed accurately in a timely and efficient manner. Researches information and responds to management, agent, vendor, legal and regulatory agency requests and complaints. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Manages relationships with brokers and insurers to maximize the service levels provided to American Family customers and agents.
- Negotiates brokerage appointment agreements and compensation levels for new and renewing contracts.
- Acquires new brokerage partners that support an agent self-service model with quality products and service.
- First Line Management/Leadership for Individual Unit or Team (35%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve unit goals in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyze unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance and development plans.
- Alliance Operation & Administration (15%)
- Assists the director in identifying operational issues to be considered in the alliance evaluation and negotiation process.
- Communicates to agents and manages practices and procedures regarding the selling and processing of brokerage and alliance business, eligibility requirements, and products offered and marketed.
- Analyzes information related to alliance costs and identifies deviations that warrant action. Presents information to division leadership.
- Works with staff to create action plans for alliance partners that address results and performance below expectations. Delivers plans to alliance partners and manages the completion of the plans.
- Manages the transfer of brokerage business to alliance partnerships including creating processes that support the alliance operations.
- Strategies Linked to Division's Business Goals (15%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the management team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision making.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Lead Change
- Lead Corp Vision & Strategy
- Lead People
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Relationship Building
- Demonstrated knowledge of the insurance industry, including specific knowledge of property, casualty, commercial lines and excess/surplus markets.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
- Additional Details
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...