The Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center Fall Internship Program are both extremely competitive. Resulting from the hard work and due diligence of the team, the Internship program has proven to be a success and continues to be in high demand. Each intern will be assigned to a specific department in which they will remain for the duration of the program. During their time, they will learn the work flow and processes of that particular department. The responsibilities given will be demanding, but the results will prove to be rewarding.
- All interns must be eligible to receive academic credit for the internship!
- Interns must be available to start the first week of the academic semester and the program will end one week prior to finals
- For the Fall 2013 semester, each intern must be available a minimum of 25 hours per week. Please note that schedules are prepared around the intern's academic requirements and schedule.
- In order to be considered, you must either be in your junior or senior year of college, or be in a graduate school program.
- Intern candidates in their junior or senior year must have a GPA of a 3.0 or higher.
- Selected qualified applicants will be scheduled for either a phone interview or an in-person interview during the months of July and August. The program will begin on September 9, 2013.
- Majority of the intern opportunities will be located in downtown Brooklyn at our Metro tech offices. A small handful of departments and internship positions are located at the New Jersey Practice Facility and Barclays Center. If you are selected for an interview, we will ask for your top three choices. Several departments will be discussed at that time and we will select the most qualified candidate for each department.
- Open departments for the Brooklyn Nets will include the following - Partnership Marketing, Partnership Sales, Marketing, Graphic Design, Event Marketing, Communications, Community Relations, Ticket Sales, Group Sales, VIP Access & Experience, Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology, Public Relations, Facility Operations and Basketball Operations. Open departments for Barclays Center will include the following- Information Technology, Arena Operations, Facility Operations and Guest Services.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to submit a copy of your transcript and proof of registration from your university. Additionally, if you are not sure if your college or university allows for internship credit, please make sure to inquire before applying for the Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center Internship Program.