Grade Level To link to salary grades, click here.
Preferred Hiring Pay Range
Duration of Job
If position has an end date, what is end date for position?
Months per Year
Weeks per Year
Other than regular hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30-5:00)
Monday - Friday; 7:30 PM-12:15 AM (4.75 hours)
This is a part-time, 9-month position (September through May) that monitors the daily facility users and visitors to the new Nelson Fitness Center and the Olney Margolies Athletic Center along with handling the facilities themselves.
This position acts as an ambassador of the Department of Athletics & Physical Education to the Brown community which consists of Brown students, faculty, staff, alumni, emeritus, athletic coaches, administrators, RISD students & faculty, and the general community population of Rhode Island.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations. The duties of the position must be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations. Any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR PRO certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
Special Physical Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and with co-workers.
- Extremely dependable and flexible - able to work the 7:30 pm to 12:15 am shift throughout the entire 9 months.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional customer service skills, conflict resolution and facility management skills.
- Marketing experience a plus for facility advertising.
- Computer skills: including but not limited to internet searches, word, excel, e-mail communication. Might include future scheduling or ID management software capability.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain AED/CPR PRO/First Aid certification which will be provided and paid for by the department.
Job Group Code
C - Secretarial / Office / Clerical
Open Until Filled/Closed
Application Period Begin
Required Background Checks for Selected Candidate
FPA Number (Faculty Personnel Use Only):
Quicklink for Posting
Brown University - 2 years ago
Ivy isn't always green -- particularly when it's Brown. Founded in 1764, Brown University is both an Ivy League college and one of...