Job Description Summary
The Budget Analyst for Babson College is responsible for providing budget planning and analysis services to all departments within the college. Included in the scope of work is the planning and analysis related to the annual operating and capital budget, maintaining the integrity of the budgets and accounts, reviewing position requisitions, and participating in the development of the College’s Five Year Plan.
- Maintaining departmental budgets including account set-up, processing routine budget changes, assisting business managers in reviewing financial reports, and providing training and support to business managers in financial matters.
- Maintaining and updating the College’s complex Microsoft Excel & Access based five year planning database, supporting schedules, accounts, and budgets.
- Processing personnel/position requisitions including the reconciliation of budget to roster, human resource system, and payroll system.
- Participating in the five-year financial planning process by preparing ad-hoc reports and financial analysis, and reviewing detail spreadsheets relating to the plan.
- Assisting in the quarterly projection process, including the set-up and maintenance of the College’s online projection module, working with departments to ensure budget projection data is complete and accurate, and analyzing and reporting on the results.
- Assuming special projects as identified by management, that analyze work processes, identify critical paths and redundancies, costs, performance measures, and potential areas for improvement across all campus wide business areas.
- Creating management tools such as cost or projection models, budget forms, and templates to guide departments through desired process change. Create tools to secure ongoing compliance for the enhanced operational processes.
- Working with budget managers, including Vice Presidents, regarding the college budget and extraordinary funding issues.
- Supporting special cost and revenue accounting analysis as well as comparative institutional data. Support institutional research and benchmarking projects.
- Assuming additional responsibilities as required.
Additional Required Skills & Abilities
- At least 1-3 years related experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Understanding of financial and budgeting systems and how to use them effectively.
- Ability to provide strong customer service while adhering to established policies and procedures.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, applied across problems of varying nature and scope.
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and long timelines. Demonstrated ability to drive projects to successful completion.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Babson College - 2 years ago