The City of Olathe, Kansas is seeking a Budget Analyst to monitor and analyze governmental services including delivery strategies, costs, results, and comparative performance for the Strategic Financial management Department. Provide coordination, expertise and knowledge to departments in preparation of multi-year strategic plans, annual budgets and quality improvement projects; monitor regulatory compliance with city agreements; and perform a wide variety of analytical and financial tasks.
- Coordinate specific analysis of departmental service budgets and costs.
- Assist in the preparation, publication and monitoring of the City's Strategic Plan and Annual Budget.
- Monitor existing revenue sources and prepare supporting forecasts; prepare adjustments as warranted.
- Assist in the preparation, publication and monitoring of the City Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
- Analyze and prepare monthly statistical and fiscal reports; prepare special reports relating to the progress of performance improvement and budget activities.
- Perform financial analysis to assess and monitor the impact of projects, legislation and other factors on the City's budget.
- Perform cost of service studies; analyze rates, fees and taxes; propose ordinances detailing revenue fee adjustments.
- Analyze revenues and expenditures; recommend amendments to the budget as warranted.
- Consult with internal clients regarding budget, CIP, and related matters.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience & Education:
Three (3) years of increasingly responsible and professional analytical experience in the areas of budget, finance, accounting, or capital improvement programming. Experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne software preferred.
Equivalent to a Masters of Public Administration required.
Must be detailed-oriented with excellent customer service, strong verbal and written communications skills. Emphasis in strategic planning, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups and establish and maintain cooperative professional relations within the organization. Should possess essential competencies in the areas of: Budgeting/Resource Management, Performance Measurement, analytical skills, problem-solving, decision making, teamwork, strategic thinking, and presentations skills.
Hours : Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Must pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen.