Monitor and analyze governmental services including delivery strategies, costs, results, and comparative performance for the Resource Management Department. Provide coordination, expertise and knowledge to departments in preparation of multi-year strategic plans, annual budgets and quality improvement projects; monitor regulatory compliance with city agreements; and perform a wide variety of analytical and financial tasks.
- Coordinate specific analysis of departmental service budgets and costs.
- Assist in the preparation, publication and monitoring of the City's Strategic Plan and Annual Budget.
- Monitor existing revenue sources and prepare supporting forecasts; prepare adjustments as warranted.
- Assist in the preparation, publication and monitoring of the City Capital Improvements Program (CIP).
- Analyze and prepare monthly statistical and fiscal reports; prepare special reports relating to the progress of performance improvement and budget activities.
- Perform financial analysis to assess and monitor the impact of projects, legislation and other factors on the City's budget.
- Perform cost of service studies; analyze rates, fees and taxes; propose ordinances detailing revenue fee adjustments.
- Analyze revenues and expenditures; recommend amendments to the budget as warranted.
- Consult with internal clients regarding budget, CIP, and related matters.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience & Education:
Experience : Three years of increasingly responsible and professional analytical experience in the areas of budget, finance, accounting, or capital improvement programming.
Education : Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration, finance, accounting or a related field. Masters of Public Administration required.
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background investigation
City of Olathe, KS - 4 months ago