Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in math, engineering, business, or the sciences.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
The position requires three equivalent years of experience in analysis and technical management.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with excellent quantitative and analytical skills for junior to mid analyst level positions with considerable growth potential. The work requires knowledge of specialized accounting procedures and guidelines, and analytical skills sufficient to perform fiscal record keeping. Proficiency in MS Office is required; an advanced Excel skillset is preferred.
The ability to obtain and maintain the proper clearance is required
The budget analyst will prepare budgetary and administrative documents supporting NESDIS CFO/CAO and create reports from NOAA and DOC Financial and Administrative systems that provide NESDIS information required for decision making. Reports will provide information in the areas of budget planning, execution, future requirements and general administrative items.
Additionally the budget analyst will:
• Support the daily, monthly and year-end financial closing process and associated management reporting;
• Monitor and track daily commitments and obligations for multiple projects with various funding sources; prepare and enter journal entries;
• Analyze account and financial data and research discrepancies for corrections as appropriate;
• Prepare general ledger account reconciliations;
• Compile and analyze financial data and prepare reports;
• Build knowledge of department policies and procedures in order to improve efficiencies and produce timely and accurate results; and
• Collaborate across functions within the HQ organization to promote information sharing and analysis.
U.S. citizenship required.
Create your application online for this job
Tecolote Research is a leading provider of decision support and project control services for complex acquisition, facilities, and...