Serves as an internal financial consultant to operating managers regarding the financial impact of business decisions by preparing, reporting on and explaining budgets, forecasts and variance analyses covering operation & maintenance (O&M) expenditures and capital outlays for units of WG Holdings, Inc.
· Develops and utilizes complex financial analyses and models to arrive at and support resource allocation recommendations for senior management.
· Recommends and implements improvements to established procedures for internal planning, measuring and reporting corporate financial results.
· Prepares, monitors and explains detailed financial analyses tailored to the business decision-making requirements of assigned business units. This includes developing O&M and capital budgets, and maintaining current and accurate forecasts, at departmental and roll-up levels.
· Analyzes monthly, annual, or life-of-project expenditures and prepares related variance reports for purposes of due diligence, financial guidance, or decision support.
· Works with internal clients to develop forecast adjustments and related explanations.
· Supports monthly accounting close, including coordination of company-wide monthly accruals process.
· Assists business units in identifying errors or mischarges and in the preparation of adjustment requests.
· Creates, updates and/or analyzes periodic and/or ad-hoc reports in support of rate cases, SEC filings, executive presentations, or special projects
· Designs, tests and implements data structures, templates and reports in the IBM Clarity software environment in order to meet the information and control requirements of business units and Finance management.
· Optimally organizes and explains regulated utility financial data based upon a thorough understanding of FERC Uniform System of Accounts Prescribed for Natural Gas Companies and Washington Gas Light Chartfields.
Job Description - Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting or related field.
· At least five years of experience in accounting, finance, forecasting and/or budgeting.
· Relevant Master’s degree or MBA preferred and may be substituted for one year of work experience.
· Working knowledge of regulated utility industry practices or demonstrated ability to quickly master nuances of financial practices in multiple industries preferred.
· Familiarity with O&M and capital accounting practices and standards preferred.
· Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
· Demonstrated ability to develop, utilize and evaluate SQL queries in an enterprise database environment preferred.
· Demonstrated proficiency performing data analysis to support business decisions.
· Working knowledge with WGL-specific toolset, including Clarity, PeopleSoft and/or PowerPlant preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as an effective member of a team.
· Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate logically and concisely.
· Demonstrated/proven commitment to quality, accuracy and continuous improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to independently develop solutions to complex problems, obtain buy-in, and drive to results.
· Demonstrated/proven ability to design, champion and execute projects involving multiple stakeholders.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.
Washington Gas - 18 months ago