Reporting directly to the Buffet Supervisor, the food server provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to restaurant guests, restaurant staff and culinary production team.
Essential Job Functions
- Greets and makes welcome each guest seated in assigned station. Takes initial food and/or beverage order within five minutes of being seated.
- Maintain current and accurate information regarding menu (i.e. preparation techniques, seasonings, ingredients and plate presentation).
- Suggests items to guests based on expressed guest preferences.
- Up-sells appetizers, beverages, desserts in accordance with restaurant service standards.
- Correctly enters food and beverage orders into the POS system to ensure accurate preparation of product.
- Delivers prepared food to the appropriate guest within two minutes of completed production of order.
- Returns to table within three minutes of order delivery to ascertain guest level of satisfaction.
- Resolves service issues according to the service recovery toolbox.
- Itemizes totals and presents check for payment to correct customers.
- Thanks customers, invites them back, wishes them luck and makes it easy for them to get back in play.
- Assists bus persons, as necessary, in bussing, cleaning and setting tables.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans restaurant equipment (tables, chairs, booths, soda and juice dispensers, coffee machines) as scheduled or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Completes assigned side work as directed.
- Provides personalized service and uses guests’ names and preferences.
- Recognizes Diamond and Platinum players and ensures they receive the appropriate service.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give directions to all casino areas.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must possess excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, and holidays needed.
- Must be able to maintain a neat, professional, well-groomed appearance and uphold company appearance/dress standards.
Education and Work Experience
Physical, Mental and Environmental Demands
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous food server experience in a high volume restaurant preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time (4 hours).
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling employee conflicts.
- Must be able to maneuver throughout all areas of the property and from floor to floor either by stairways (minimum of 20 steps) or escalator.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; and, have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel.
- Respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing dust, loud noises and bright lights.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects, and not be frustrated by changing priorities and unforeseen obstacles to achieving objectives.
- Ability to speak distinctly and persuasively.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, job offers will be contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug testing, background checks, and applicable Ohio Casino Control Commission licensing requirements.
Horseshoe Casino Cleveland - 13 months ago