The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The Builder Sales Manager is an integral part of the New Home Builder Partnership Program at SolarCity. This position is responsible for prospecting new home build partners, managing a regional pipeline, and bringing new partners to contract. A successful Builder Sales Manager will have intimate knowledge homebuilding operations and contacts within the industry. Builder Sales Managers will need to learn about the state and national rebates for solar PV in addition to operational requirements for installing solar within their assigned region. This successful candidate will excel in communicating and negotiating directly with all levels of executive management including Presidents and owners of companies, in addition to C-level executives, Regional Presidents, and Regional Directors.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Prospect new Home Builders with your assigned region
- Bring new Home Builder partners to contract
- Set marketing strategy and forecast for the region
- Analyze markets for home builder partners viability
- Act as liaison between SolarCity and Home Building partners
- Coordinate market launches and advise our Home Building Partners on solar economics
- Develop, monitor, and report against KPI’s; Serve as on-going technical expert for our partners
- Expected travel – 50%
SolarCity is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- 5-7 years of experience advising home builders; preferably on solar or energy efficient products
- Proven track record of closing deals
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long term strategic plans
- Proficiency with complex analytics to advise on terms, pricing, and market positioning
- Poses superb communication skills in formal presentations and proposals
- Ability to effectively use Salesforce or other CRM desired
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is America's largest solar power provider. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...