SUMMARY: Sells products for Nebraska Furniture Mart to builders, architects, associations, property management, businesses, healthcare facilities, schools, churches and/or end users by performing the following duties.
Works designated territory to generate sales in new home and multi-family construction, apartments, insurance businesses and remodeling of single family dwellings: 60-70%
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders – single family homebuilders, multi-family unit builders, apartment owners or managers, remodelers and architects.
• Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and presents features and benefits. Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
Builds rapport with customers and prospective customers: 20%
• Develops effective relationships with builders, architects, associations and end users.
• Attends and is an active participant in home builder meetings.
• Regularly visits customers, returns phone calls, coordinates orders and installations and takes the lead in resolution of problems that arise.
Administrative functions: 10-20%
• Writes sales orders and produces reso slips. Coordinates orders and deliveries. Takes and returns phone calls and messages in a timely manner.
• Works the sales floor when requested. Maintains the sales floor in a professional manner.
• Gives feedback to department manager and division manager.
• Attends all product-training meetings.
• Works Model Home/Parade of Homes functions. Works the “Street of Dreams” functions and showing. Works the Spring and Fall Home Shows. Works all NFM exhibitions.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 3-5 years outside sales experience.
• Ability to read blueprints and specification books within 3-6 months on the job.
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Girl power, indeed. The legendary Nebraska Furniture Mart got its start in 1937 when Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin ("Mrs. B")...