EASTWOOD HOMES is Charlotte’s 2012 Builder of the Year and is currently CELEBRATING more than 35 YEARS OF BUILDING HIGH QUALITY, AFFORDABLE HOMES FOR THE CAROLINAS!
Come Grow with Eastwood Homes – RIGHT WHERE YOU BELONG!
As Eastwood Homes continues to expand communities, we are looking to grow our team of talented BUILDERS. Our Builders are seasoned, dedicated, and customer focused Managers who are motivated in a residential production home building environment. Eastwood Homes is seeking motivated, energetic self-starters to manage all aspects of the homebuilding process from housing start through the post-closing follow-up in the Charlotte, NC division. Prefer candidates with a Construction Management Degree and 5+ years in a high volume residential production environment as a builder superintendent.
WHY WORK FOR EASTWOOD HOMES? Building Locally, Leading Nationally……Eastwood is an award winning residential homebuilder serving communities in North and South Carolina and now expanding into Virginia. Founded in 1977, Eastwood is a privately held firm (ranked among the top 50 builders in the Nation) with a consistent track record of industry success and financial health. Eastwood offers competitive compensation, challenging duties, career enhancement, innovative leaders and high customer satisfaction.
Eastwood Homes is truly a great place to work, with leadership who is committed to enriching our community, enhancing the lives of our customers and to the success of our associates. Eastwood is the "employer of choice" for successful talent from both inside and outside of the home building industry!
*Pre-employment drug & background check screening is required for this position* *Eastwood Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
For more information about Eastwood, please visit www.eastwoodhomes.com.
SCOPE AND DECISION MAKING
The Builder must:
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the residential home-building process, state and local codes, and material and labor installation specifications and requirements;
Be able to interact professionally with subcontractors, suppliers, land developers, code enforcement officials, customers, and inner company personnel;
Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of architectural and engineered plan reading;
Control overhead costs within company guidelines.
Maintain inspection failure rate at levels that are within municipal and company guidelines.
Be capable of training a new Apprentice to advance to the Builder level.
Demonstrate a complete knowledge of long, short, and weekly construction scheduling, as well as a proficiency in executing each of the aforementioned schedules in their appropriate sequence and stage of construction;
Demonstrate a working knowledge of as-built plans for subdivisions.
Demonstrate a general knowledge of mass grading and dirt balancing.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of current Erosion Control methods, and the ability to work from grading plan.
Walk every permitted house twice daily to inspect quality, monitor daily schedules, and provide subcontractors necessary guidance as required to assure they complete their trade properly;
Be capable of managing tight deadlines, promptly addressing changes without disrupting schedules, and managing high volumes of work with minimal direct supervision.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of residential construction safety guidelines.
Have up to date OSHA safety, First Aid and CPR board certified credentials.
The Builder has the following decision making responsibilities : 1) Approval of all material and labor releases for vendor payment; 2) Authorize additional work and/or materials through proper use of company issued variance work order forms up to $500 without a manager’s prior approval; 3) Provide their manager’s references for subcontractors and suppliers, each of which have been thoroughly prescreened; 4) Delegate a specified workload to company assigned personnel. 5) Work directly with purchasing and estimating to revise architectural plans and resolve any take-off/order discrepancies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-inspect start packages for accuracy and completeness prior to acceptance.
- Complete schedules, status reports and inspection reports (foundation, frame, municipal) that conform to Company standards.
- Construct all homes within company specified building time.
- Construct all homes to conform to local, state, and federal building requirements.
- Build to exceed Company’s minimum quality standards while utilizing standard building materials and labor provided.
- At all times maintain an organized, appropriately sequenced, clean and safe worksite holding all vendors accountable for execution of their respective scope of work while demonstrating respect for the work of others.
- Hold all trades accountable for quality, completeness and cleanliness prior to releasing billings for payment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for all trades, customers, and company personnel on a daily basis.
- Facilitate weekly status meeting with community New Home Specialist and record meeting notes per Company standards.
- Facilitate pre-construction, pre-drywall, pre-settlement, pre-closing and follow-up inspections for each home started, as outlined in the “Home of Integrity” program. All “items for completion” are to be remedied within company prescribed time period.
- Deliver above standard house and overhead cost control levels demonstrating new approaches to reduce operating cost while improving quality.
- Deliver all homes within Company specified quality; build time; budgets; customer satisfaction levels and warranty parameters while complying with state and local building codes, erosion control and OSHA Safety standards.
Eastwood Homes - 11 months ago