• Act as system owner to manage and oversee all aspects of campus building automation systems including administering system users and overseeing vendors with access to BAS.
• Create and implement a BAS documentation program to include formal change management, as-built drawing updates, network architecture, and sequences of operations.
• Provide recommendations and suggest improvement methods for permanent system fixes to prevent deficient conditions.
• Identify, recommend, and implement changes to the BAS throughout the campus to improve system capacity utilization and energy efficiency.
• Oversee OEM vendor site visits and meet with teams to gather data to develop more efficient control strategies/sequences. Provide recommended scope of work and assist in implementing approved system changes.
• Provide hands on repairs to systems and train and coach team members in various aspects of BAS operation, repair, and system maintenance.
• Develop a critical spare parts inventory for the system and end devices.
• Perform various quality control checks on BAS updates performed by internal teams and external contractors; provide root cause analysis and make recommendations to remedy issues, make repairs, conduct inspections and oversee BAS vendor contract tasks to improve systems operations.
• Implement the BAS Improvement Plan as approved by Jones Lang LaSalle and client leadership.
• Develop and oversee a calibration program for instrumentation, BAS, Life Safety and other critical devices as identified by the Calibration Program.
• Participate in project design reviews and project commissioning planning as this relates to the BAS. Review, pre-approve and post-approve all commissioning documentation for system additions, modifications and retrofits. Where appropriate, perform system commissioning work.
• Perform thorough and detailed existing system re-commissioning throughout the campus as required, utilizing sound commissioning practices. Assist project manager and consultants in testing development, system retrofits and additions, and system operational review.
• Review system condition assessments and develop recommendations for system component Oversee major maintenance projects for BAS and associated systems and review and develop scopes for vendor contract renewals
• Act as system owner of a large and complex building automation system (BAS) servicing a large life science research campus, managing the evolution of the system and its components throughout the system’s life cycle
• Manage the ongoing interface of the BAS with the building operations team, project teams, vendors and consultants, ensuring that all work impacting the BAS is carried out under a formal change management process
• Manage ongoing system maintenance, continuous improvement initiatives and long term system major maintenance / replacement requirements
• Develop and manage calibration program for building systems critical instruments
• Perform hands on repairs and maintenance of BAS and end devices as well as development and implementation of improvement plans.
Key Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge in programming, installing, start up, associated equipment interdependencies, troubleshooting, and repairing commercial and industrial building automation control systems.
• Knowledge of field instrumentation such as temperature, pressure, and flow devices that are connected to a building automation system, and of life safety critical instruments such as oxygen depletion, carbon monoxide and LEL monitors
• Ability to diagnose, repair, and return automation systems back to efficient operation through phone support to field technicians, interaction with system via remote computer access, as well as providing hands on repair work, with both software and hardware of the automation systems.
• Ability to train and coach operations teams in order to increase their ability to work with and operate building automation systems.
• Understanding of basic electrical and mechanical formulas / calculations and application considerations and their application / implementation in the control of building systems.
• Understanding of general energy conservation techniques & issues and ability to apply these to identify energy conservation opportunities in a central plant and laboratory environment.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in building automation/control system programming, troubleshooting, and repair and/or degree in Mechanical Engineering with automation system experience.
• Knowledge and proficiency in operation of windows based computers, smart phones, MS Office applications; web based computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
• Ability to work with multiple teams consisting of operation staff, client managers, vendors, and contractor via on site presence, telephone, and email
• The position is full time Monday – Friday days with the expectation of phone support nights and weekends when needed in the event of emergencies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 23 months ago
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...