PEMCO has an opportunity as an Assistant Building Engineer. In this role, you'll assist in the management and maintenance of the operations of the building systems, including the efficiency of the HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems and building support equipment in PEMCO-occupied properties.
Become a part of a local organization that's great to do business with - one that shares the values of those who live in the Northwest, one that's genuinely likeable!
- Perform basic level daily work orders, facility repairs and other support tasks
- Assist with room set-ups, general day porter type work, and upkeep of building grounds
- Assist Senior Engineer with day-to-day operations of building mechanical and electrical systems
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on building equipment as needed/directed
- Assist with building and personnel space changes and/or work orders as assigned
- Monitor physical spaces for necessary maintenance and report/repair deficiencies
- Provide support or direction, as appropriate, to outside contractors
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and controls required
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving history required
- Three or more (3+) years of experience in an Engineering support role with increasing levels of responsibility preferred
- Knowledge of critical power systems and security access controls preferred
- Certifications and licenses: Refrigeration Operator, Grade III Steam Engineer, Universal Refrigerant handling licenses preferred
This job is very physical in nature and requires manual dexterity, climbing of ladders, accessing confined spaces and the ability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 60 lbs. This role also requires the ability to use desktop computers. On call coverage 24 x 7. Some travel is required.
Our employees enjoy many benefits:
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized