The Building Engineer reports to the Area Chief Engineer and maintains a working relationship with all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. The Building Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this positions success.
- Operates, maintains and logs all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of the Lead Engineer.
- Complete tenant service requests and develops and maintains positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the Area Chief Engineer.
- Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
- Cleans and paints all equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment
- and equipment rooms.
- Assists in the ordering of stock and inventory of parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
- Perform snow removal as needed.
- Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by the Lead Engineer.
- Make required repairs to all building systems.
- 3 years of direct experience in the management of mechanical, electrical and plumbing operations for commercial office buildings.
- Individual should have experience in all aspects of mechanical, electrical, life/safety and plumbing operations in commercial office buildings.
- Experience with computerized building management systems.
- Universal HCFC Certification
- Refrigeration or Electrical License
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Reit Management & Research - 20 months ago