Primary customer service liaison with building tenants on operational issues. Position is responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical, plumbing and mechanical equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of building. The individual conducts routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations. Individual performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to assure the proper functioning of departmental equipment. In addition, the individual monitors operation of the mechanical / electrical operating equipment.
% of time
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
50 Responds to tenant-requested work orders quickly with a customer-service and problem-solving mindset. Documents actions taken in the CMMS and updates customer on the status of their request. Completes tenant-requested work orders per established time guidelines in a courteous and thorough manner.
Assists customer with billable or above-standard tenant-requested work orders in the CMMS by defining requirements and obtaining cost estimates with the assistance of the Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer. Completes those work orders per established time guidelines once approved by customer.
40 Assists when necessary the Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer in overseeing and monitoring the operation and makes adjustment of refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate cleanup of work area, completing the preventive task list on the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any impending supply or material shortages to the Chief Engineer/Assistant Chief Engineer and advising them of any equipment problems.
5 Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs.
Complies with company policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workspace.
5 Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education - High school diploma or state equivalent required completion of apprentice program. Two years of related trade schooling is preferred.
• Experience - Minimum four years’ experience in electrician trade or related field or minimum four years’ experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field or minimum four years’ experience in emergency backup systems (generators, UPS, etc.).
• Special knowledge and skills - Skilled in use of tools and machinery common to trade and craft. Knowledge of OSHA standards and City Codes with respect to electrical systems.
• Personal characteristics - Team player, hard worker, strong customer service skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
• Familiar with computer equipment and programs including building management systems, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and CMMS systems. Familiarity and experience with the Trane Tracer Summit building management system is preferred but not required.
• For internal candidates, must consistently receive a “meets expectations” job performance review.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle - 30+ days ago
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management, a...