Job Description:Job Summary:|
Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and
repairing, or arranging for repairs of all building
operating systems on the site. May be assigned to a
single building as the sole engineer under a limited
property size and scope. Must have reliable
transportation and be available for after hour emergency
Essential Job Duties:
1. Responsible for all preventative maintenance,
necessary maintenance and repairs to the buildings
mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must
be familiar with the location and have working knowledge
of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing,
life safety, fire protection and security systems to
ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any
conditions that are out of the ordinary.
2. Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on
the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems.
This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning,
replacement of consumable parts (such as filters,
indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the
equipment. These systems include, but are not limited
to; air handling units (including both rooftop and
built-up units), re-circulating air systems, water
pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system
components. Also conduct general building maintenance,
3. Be responsive to tenant requests in the areas of
safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and
environmental needs through both personal contact and
work order systems.
4. Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and records.
Familiarity with preventative maintenance and work order
5. Coordinate contractor, tenant and management
approvals for work orders that require the use of an
outside contractor. Maintain log of work order details.
6. Perform all assigned work so as to ensure the safety
of the building’s tenants and the continuous operation
of the site.
7. Be familiar with and conform to all written operating
procedures associated with the site.
8. Assist in snow and ice clearing operations, including
the coordination of plowing and salting activities by
9. Maintain organized building files.
Skills, Education And Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years previous building operations
- Must be CFC certified in high pressure discipline.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make
classes that pertain to specific job duties.
- Proficient computer and e-mail skills.
- Holds any necessary/required licenses.
- Must have the ability to complete required safety
- May perform other duties as assigned
Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate
Standing / Walking
Climbing / Stooping / Kneeling
Lifting / Pulling / Pushing
Fingering / Grasping / Feeling: Must be able to write,
type and use phone system
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the
absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by
employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified.
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity
Req. Code : P009399
% of Travel Required : None
Newmark Grubb Knight Frank - 2 years ago