Universal’s education mission is to provide an unparalleled high quality education to all students in a safe and nurturing environment. Through the implementation of Universal's comprehensive academic and social program, we build future community leaders and contributing members of society. Universal seeks to make schools a hub for the surrounding community that helps transform neighborhoods.
Universal Companies is currently seeking a highly talented individual to serve as our Building Engineer.
The incumbent will perform preventive and routine maintenance and repairs on building and systems; including but not limited to plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and general building repairs, moving furniture, equipments, life safety and associated system and other duties as assigned.
The Building Engineer will work closely with the Executive Vice President of Facilities to ensure the reliable operation of building system, physical appearance and security of all facilities.
- Provide maintenance upkeep of school building on a daily basis.
- Performing preventive and routine maintenance and repair on building and systems: including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, general building repairs, life safety and associates systems.
- Executing emergency procedures on building systems and sub-systems.
- Performing trash removal as needed.
- Climbing ladders to replace ceiling tiles, lights and work on equipment.
- Specific physical demands include lifting equipment tools and building supplies.
- Performing operational check to ensure equipment is operating within parameters and at maximum efficiencies.
- Maintaining equipment logs, records, operational data and history.
- Ordering equipments and supplies as needed for the maintenance of the school building.
To apply the following documentations MUST be attached with your resume:
- High School and/ or Trade Vocational school graduate.
- Certified and/ or experienced in building related trades required in one or more HVAC, Electric, Plumbing and/ or Carpentry.
- Must have Building Certification Class A License and EPA Universal HVAC License.
- 5 Years of related experience and/ or training in facilities maintenance position.
- Ability to read and interpret building plans and blue prints.
- Maintain Building exterior and curb (ie, Lawn care, trash removal, snow removal).
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Must be effective working independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong organization skills and proficient in establishing priorities.
- Experience working on complex equipment component, computer systems and blueprints.
- Ability to communicate and cooperatively work with diverse group of people.
- Valid Driver license.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Experience and/ or interest in working in an urban school environment.
- Building CertificationClass A and EPA Universal HVAC License
Universal Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. The qualifications listed above are guidelines, other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job may be considered.