The New York (Manhattan) office of WJE is seeking an architect or engineer with experience in the investigation and repair of existing building envelope systems, including exterior wall, roofing, and waterproofing systems. Candidates should have the competence to investigate and diagnose issues with building envelope components; evaluate the appropriate use of materials; develop and critique details and specifications; and provide technically sound solutions for existing building envelope repairs and new construction projects. Candidates should also have project management experience with the ability to build and maintain client relationships. T he ability to manage a project team is a must but this position also requires assisting on projects managed by others.
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture, or Bachelors or Masters of Engineering
- Professionally licensed Architect and/or Engineer preferred
- Five years of building envelope consulting experience with sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building envelope performance
- Experience managing small and medium-sized projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including CADD and Microsoft Office
- Active in professional organizations
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require
- Energy and Enthusiasm - Consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity
- Attention to Detail - Careful and quality oriented
- Communication - Clearly conveys information, excellent writing skills
- Assumes Responsibility - Self-starter, willing to interact as a team player, and take independent initiative. Works proactively in solving problems; makes self available and takes action beyond normal responsibilities
- Interest in WJE work - Has traditional structural / architectural engineering training and skills combined with a passion for fixing problems with existing structures rather than new design
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates - 22 months ago