The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for the safe repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning lighting and HVAC systems, the preservation of the facility (e.g. painting, industrial tile repairs, and plumbing repairs), performing mechanical, preventive and predictive maintenance, and maintaining 5S standards. All other duties as assigned.
- Communicate effectively with machine operators, production supervisors, outside contractors and plant maintenance personnel.
- Maintenance of HVAC units, lighting circuits, industrial tile laying and repairs, light mechanical repairs, and carpentry skills.
Education and Experience:
Prior experience as a building maintenance technician with industrial background
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
· Prefer an associates or two-year degree in a maintenance related field
· Prefer basic knowledge of utility equipment and operations (e.g. boiler and refrigeration
· Prefer dairy or food manufacturing experience; and knowledge of government and industrial regulations (e.g. PSM, OSHA and USDA)
· Prefer prior experience with maintenance management systems software(e.g. SAP)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Basic math skills to be able to perform mathematical functions.
- Ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Ability to evaluate, identify and troubleshoot mechanical conditions and make adjustments or corrective action as necessary.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 70 pounds throughout the shift.
- Ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs.
- Ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and comply with all applicable safety practices.
- Ability to maintain a clean work area according to good manufacturing processes.
- Have good communication skills to communicate with co-workers and oncoming/outgoing shifts.
Leprino Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer who supports a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA
Leprino Foods - 16 months ago
A titan of cheese, Leprino Foods is a worldwide leader in mozzarella-making. The company sells its soft cream-colored cheese to food...