JOB SUMMARY : The Building Maintenance Worker performs repairs and maintenance necessary to keep selected machines, mechanical equipment, and/or the buildings and infrastructure of the College in full operation. Duties may involve HVAC, insulating, plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs. May occasionally be assigned to responsibilities associated with the Groundskeeper-Main Campus position.
-Cutting and installing blinds
- Performs work, consistent with training and experience, in a variety of applications including, but not limited to:
-Changing electrical ballasts, light fixtures receptacles and switches
-Plumbing installation and maintenance such as repairing and replacing leaking
faucets, valves, traps, sinks, snaking drains, clearing clogged toilets and/or
-Installing and removing window Air Conditioner units
-Changing filters in HVAC units
-Wall and ceiling repairs inclusive of patching and repairing drywall
-Limited in scope painting assignments
-Limited in scope masonry /cement repairs associated with sidewalks, fences,
masonry walls, parking lots and driveways
- Assists trades personnel (Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter, HVAC technician, Fire Alarm Technician, and Mechanic) when work assignments require additional resources and as directed by management.
- Conducts tests of emergency lights/exit signs and inspections of fire extinguishers as assigned. Conduct appropriate maintenance (ie; replaces batteries and light bulbs) as needed. Provides necessary reporting requirements related to testing upon completion.
- Removes snow from sidewalks, entrances, courtyards, parking lots, etc. using shovels, snow blowers, snow plows and other related snow removal equipment, as directed in “Snow and Ice Control Plan for The College of Saint Rose”.
- Moves furniture from one building to another.
- Communicates using email routinely with supervisor and members of department, as well as other College departments as needed.
- Provides comprehensive notes and summaries to the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) upon completion of work assignments.
- Follows established college policies and procedures, including Residence Hall entry protocol, when entering student spaces and college offices. After working in unoccupied individual offices and student spaces, leaves “hang tag” behind with appropriate information related to the task.
- Initiates request to purchase supplies related to work assignments according to established procedures.
- Utilizes chemicals and equipment in a sensible manner
- Apply anti-graffiti materials
- At times, performs responsibilities contained in the Campus Groundskeeper job description, consistent with training and experience.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures
- Attends all safety, equipment and material training as scheduled by supervisor
- At least two years experience in either general building maintenance or building trades work in two or more of the standard trades such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and techniques used in building maintenance.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Must be able to read instructions and safety rules, write sentences, communicate verbally, and follow instructions
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, lifts, etc as well as stand, reach, stoop, crouch, sit, kneel, climb, crawl and walk extensively across multiple areas of campus.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A valid NYS drivers’ license is required
- Basic level computer skills using Windows Outlook web access.
The emphasis of this position will be to assist the HVAC Technicians, Electricians and Plumbers in maintaining the College's commercial equipment and utilities.
Work Schedule: Sunday-Thursday
Rate of Pay: $12.20/hour
Comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
Union membership required: UPSEU (United Professional & Service Employees Union)
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at http://www.strose.edu/officesandresources/campus_security/safetyreportandcleryact
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account ? Login to add documents or update your account.
The College of Saint Rose - 20 months ago