Operate, maintain and repair building systems and equipment to perform safely and efficiently; respond and complete client work requests; perform preventive maintenance duties and routines, and provide other building-related services as required.
High School Graduate
FDNY Certificate of Fitness
Trade School or other Post-Elementary Education
Five years relevant experience as building operator, building engineer, handyperson or other tradesperson.
Experience in higher education, health care, telecom or other sensitive facilities where high levels of performance and reliability are required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (include unique competencies, certification, licenses, etc.):
Essential Requirements of the Position:
- Knowledge of building systems, equipment and proper operating conditions.
- Knowledge of maintenance routines and standards.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge/familiarity with computer applications such as email.
- Positive attitude, willingness to collaborate and team with others to accomplish work efficiently and to high quality standards.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (include unique competencies, certification, licenses, etc.):
- Proficient in English (e.g., reading directions and instructions written in English).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, climb a ladder, work in small, cramped spaces, and in outdoor environments and elements (combined 40% - 50%).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Knowledge of University and department policies, processes, and quality standards
Projected Position Start Date:
New York University - 19 months ago
Higher education is at the core of this Big Apple institution. The setting and heritage of New York University (NYU) make it one of the...